[pmwiki-users] How to retrieve the value of a Page Text Variable {Group/PageName$:Var} from a cookbook ?

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Sat Nov 25 08:42:27 CST 2006

Christophe David said...

> > You can access page text vars via
> >
> >   PageTextVar($pagename, $var)
> >
> > So,
> >
> >   $fred = PageTextVar("Main.WikiSandbox", "FQDN");
> >
> > returns the equivalent of the markup
> >
> >   {Main.WikiSandbox$:FQDN}
> >

> Thanks a lot for the reply.  This is indeed exactly what I was looking for.
>
> But unfortunately, I cannot get it to work ;-(
>
> I use the latest beta, and the function seems to return nothing at all.
>
> The variables work OK with the markup from other pages.  But in a recipe,
> with the syntax you provided,  I just get an empty string.
> Any clue would be appreciated.

You need to be very precise with what you feed it.

Try something like:

  (:MRCfunc page=Main.WikiSandbox textvar=FQDN:)

Markup('MRCfunc','inline',
	"MRCfunc(PSS('$1'))");

function MRCfunc ($x) {
  $args   = ParseArgs($x);
  $fred = PageTextVar($args['page'], $args['textvar']);
  return  "<br>:$fred:<br>";
}

--
Best,