[pmwiki-users] Site Admin password not working

Elizabeth Knittle bknittle at comcast.net
Sun Nov 26 19:06:48 CST 2006

Hi,

I am just getting started with pmwiki and believe it will be quite
robust.  But I am having getting the admin password working.  In the
mean time I set passwords for the pages for now as I get them set
up.  But I wanted a password to admin. the site, and also prevent
others from editing the site side bar.

In the config.php page I have the following, ***** is shown here
instead of my password.  I am new to php so would appreciate any help
or suggestions.  I can not use it to overide a password set for a
page, nor can i use it to edit site pages, nor can I set a password
for the edit side bar - it asks for a password but it does not take
the admin password i set up.  I checked for typos and even re did the
install and config.php page.

# $DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('******');

thanks,

beth