[pmwiki-users] Useability

Mark Trumpold mark at ruthtrumpold.id.au
Mon Nov 27 14:52:17 CST 2006

On 27/11/06 9:04 PM, "Sandy" <sandy at onebit.ca> wrote:

> writeon1 wrote:
>> After spending considerable time evaluating pmwiki, I came to two
>> conclusions. (1) It's a great product, with add-ons that offer all the
>> features and flexibility I could want, and (2) the time investment in
>> learning to set up, use and maintain the system is more than I can
>> afford. (Would that I were smarter.) The idea of creating a basic
>> product and allowing users to add features as needed would work a lot
>> better if adding features was a push-button affair. I hope that
>> eventually the question of how to make configuring the product easier
>> will be made the main thrust of development for a while. I'll look in
>> again in a few months - I still think that of the wiki /cms systems I
>> have looked at PMwiki would be the best for my purposes, if it were less
>> demanding of the prospective administrator. Thanks,
>> Brendan
>
> We hope you do look again. I agree that the first step of customizing it
> can look daunting, but most customizations are actually pretty easy to do.
>
> Which customizations are you looking for?
>
> Sandy

Hi Sandy

I started the wiki for my class sept 26th of this yr. Yes at the beginning
it was a bit of a curve, yes I had some permission issues, with my service
provider, yes there are a lot of customisations ... But most of that was
worked out in a week (bit more with service provider).

Now my kids are teaching me stuff, it really is pretty simple when you get
your head around it.

I wasn't going to email at first but I was thinking about it for a while. It
was actually a lot simpler than with wikimedia and a couple of others
because there is no mysql database, htaccess, and the like. It was really
simple.

Mark

PS the pmCommunity support has been one of the best I have experienced