[pmwiki-users] Comments

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Nov 28 12:31:57 CST 2006

Monday, November 27, 2006, 9:39:23 PM, Mark wrote:

> What I would, 'really' like is for people to comment/discuss an issue on a
> content page. I would like the comments/ discussion to be stored on a
> separate page but linked to the content page. I would the like the content
> page to have  box highlighting that a discussion is happening about changes
> to the content page.

> I see that we can have comments at the bottom of the page (easy and quick)
> but page size concerns me (ethics lots of talking)

After mulling this over today for an easier solution, I upgraded
commentboxplus and released a new version as commentboxplus2.zip here:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CommentBoxPlus

Note this script needs pmwiki 2.2.0 beta upwards!

Install this and you can add a commentbox to your content page, which
will post comments onto a separate page, which you can include on your
contents page.

Add this to config.php:

$EnablePostToGroupPage = 1;
include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/commentboxplus2.php");

and use this markup on your content page, or add it to the
GroupFooter, to appear on all pages of the group:

(:commentbox {*$FullName}-Comments:)

(:include {*$FullName}-Comments:)

Comments will be written to PageName-Comments, and this comments page
will be included in PageName.

$EnablePostToGroupPage = 1; restricts posting of comments to the
current group, as a safty measure, to protect admin protected pages
like in the Site group to have comments inserted into, which may alter
configurations.

You can also add more safty by requiring insertion of
a random generated access code. Add to config.php:

$EnableAccessCode = true;

and you can disallow use of pmwiki markup directives in comments, by
adding to config.php:

$EnablePreventDirectives = true;

all these need to be added before the line:

include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/commentboxplus2.php");

Hans