[pmwiki-users] AuthUser and admin password

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Sun Oct 1 04:36:51 CDT 2006

On Oct 1, 2006, at 2:25 AM, Mark Trumpold wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> So I just edit the page. I will give it a whirl.

Yep.

> A couple of concerns, wont people be able to see this page?

Yes, but you can add ?action=attr to the end of the URL and edit the
"read" password on the page if you like.

> Is this site wide authentication?

This is site-wide grouping/logins, but it won't stop people from
editing pages unless you change the permissions on the entire site,
group or the page.

To change edit permissions across the site to any LOGGED IN user, add:

$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = "id:*";

to your config.php file.

Otherwise you can change passwords on a per group basis by editing
the http://www.yoursite.com/wikipath/Group/GroupAttributes?action=edit

and changing the password there to the username or group ("id:mark"
or "@admins") or to accept edits by anyone logged in ("id:*")

To change permissions on a single page add ?action=attr to the page
URL and a form comes up requesting password options.

> The '@admins' you included is that for a  group?

Yes :)  It's one of the examples on the Site.AuthUser page.

I hope this helps.

Crisses