[pmwiki-users] Video Player

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Sun Oct 1 05:38:16 CDT 2006

On Oct 1, 2006, at 5:03 AM, Mark Trumpold wrote:

> The BBC has video files that are linked. When you click on the
> link  from
> their web page it opens a new window with the real player or
> Windows media
> player. If I copy the same link onto my wiki and then you click ...
> it opens
> a page up with an error message ... No media player or the bbcs
> media player
> page

they may have protected their video player from external linking like
you're trying to do.  For example, they may require an active session.

To test this, go to the video through their site -- copy the link,
and use a new browser window, see if it works.

Open a different browser and try the same link.

Browser A has an active session with the BBC site.

Browser B does not.

There are probably a dozen or more other ways they can do this.
Checking the referring page when they get a hit on the link is
another way.

In other words, it may not be PmWiki's fault.

Crisses