[pmwiki-users] bibliographies revisited

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 11:30:23 CDT 2006

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, John Rankin wrote:

> Yes and if we leave the door open for multiple citations per wiki page,
> we might be able to recognise that (for example)
>
> [[Cite:Hawking et al. (2006c)]]
>
> refers to the third citation on page Bibliography.HawkingOthers-2006.
> A citation forms interface would have to add a new citation to the
> end of an existing page, to avoid breaking existing references.

Eh... my gut is really uncomfortable about this approach. For instance,
what if we remove the first citation entry?

> Of course multiple citations per page makes BibTeX import / export a bit
> harder. You always have to pay the piper [1].

Certainly. I'll take this opportunity to say that I find this a very
interesting project, and that I would really like to contribute[*].
However, that wouldn't be until at the earliest in November, so until then
I'll probably only be able to give comments.

/Christian

[*] My scope/ambition for using bibliographies migth differ a lot from
yours. So I need to make it clear now that I'm not really interested in
developing a "quick hack" that does not scale to my needs (no insults
intended!). If I don't think that the design has the potential to
*eventually* be good enough I'm not interested to spend time on it. Of
course, I'll still give comments etc as time permits.