[pmwiki-users] PmWiki Magazine proposed Submission/Approval Process

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 16:24:15 CDT 2006

On 10/1/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > Considering that the -Drafts page is a page, though, if it were a
> > group or page it could have its own permissions:
> > [...snip...]
>
> Somehow I think all of this discussion of handling drafts is
> just over-engineering the solution.

We had earlier discussed restricting an author's ability to write any
more than a draft. Pm mentioned yesterday, "If we have drafts enabled
for the Magazine, and make 'save as Draft' the default, and exclude
'-Draft' pages from a default search, then I think we're probably in
pretty good shape."

>From this, I concluded that we were considering preventing authors
from saving as non-draft until after "shepherds" had given thumbs up.
My 'solution' was to have articles drafted off-Magazine. I suppose
that's the "non-engineered" approach.

[snip]

> This again ought to be entirely up to the author.  If the author
> wants to accept comments she will put a (:commentbox:) directive
> in the page, if the author wants the comments to appear on a
> different page she will arrange the comments to be added to a
> -Talk page, if the comments need some sort of permissions,
> she can set them.

However, some sites will invariablely want the following:
read: nopass
comment: id:*
edit: @editors

That is, they will want only registered users to make comments, and
restrict page editing to a group of users. I assumed this was planned
in the comments feature.

--
Ben Wilson