[pmwiki-users] PmWiki Magazine proposed Submission/Approval Process

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Mon Oct 2 08:54:38 CDT 2006

On Oct 2, 2006, at 9:12 AM, Kathryn Andersen wrote:

> If you wanted to set it up so that every page in a group had a
> corresponding comments page, and you didn't want to have to set the
> permissions by hand for each page -- can one set permissions with
> wildcards?  Otherwise, one could make a "comments" group matching that
> group, and take advantage of group-wide configuration, like so:
> - put a commentbox in MyGroup.GroupFooter (or MyGroup.GroupHeader,
>   depending on which you prefer) where the comments are directed to
>   MyGroup-Comments.{*$Name}
> - set the permissions in local/MyGroup-Coments.php so that nobody has
>   edit permission, only insert permission, for all pages in that
> group.

You can then either put a link in the GroupFooter to the MyGroup-
Comments.{*$Name} page OR
you can do (:include MyGroup-Comments.{*$Name}:) in the group footer
so that the comments for a particular page always are at the bottom
of the pages in the group, but can't be edited.

You can password protect GroupHeader & GroupFooter, so that this
can't be tampered with.

Is there a way to do a header/footer for a specific page rather than
a whole group?

I suppose you can do a conditional in the GroupHeader/GroupFooter:

(:if name MyPage:)
(:commentbox ... :)
(:include ...:)
(:ifend:)

So that it only works on the page(s) you want it to, but you still
can password protect the feature so noone can change the form or
remove the include.

I trust my legitimate authors not to muck around -- and they have
proven themselves worthy of that trust for 4+ years (how long have I
been using PmWiki?  I can't remember :( ).  The only people I
distrust are the spammers.

Crisses