[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.2.0-beta9 release (bugfix, pagevar filters in pagelists)

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Oct 2 17:48:17 CDT 2006

On 10/2/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 12:50:38PM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> > I'm toying with an option to hide the actual data on the same page as
> > the display page.  I'm considering saving the data and log under a
> > (:if false:) markup, and then preserve any current markup/text on the
> > top of the page when the data or log is saved.
>
> This works, but note that you could also save the data using
>
>    (:var:value:)
>
> in which case it won't display on the page, and doesn't
> require the (:if false:) markup.  It would also allow for multi-line
> data values, as long as the values don't contain a smiley ":)" .
>
> Pm

Well, the other advantage is I could store the logs (comments) on the
same page.  Though it seems a bit strange to include stuff from one
section of a page to another section of the same page.

Actually, I just tried that.  Doesn't seem to work.  Is this disabled
for some reason in PmWiki?  A call to include one part of a page
elsewhere on the page is ignored?

Cheers,
Caveman