[pmwiki-users] User Auth doesn't work on my site

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 18:23:02 CDT 2006

On 10/3/06, Mike <mike at widowitz.com> wrote:
> Ben,
> thanks for the advice. My problem is that I don't primarily want to use
> it for username management purposes, but because I want to have a
> central overview (for the admin only) to see/set/control all passwords
> in one place.
> I understand that AuthUser is supposed to do that, while UserAuth is not.

Used in conjunction with AuthUser, HtpasswdForm helps manage user
accounts.[1] I believe this would satisfy your quandary with password
management.

> If you have any alternative solution to this, greatly welcome! If I
> don't find a solution, very very quickly I will be very confused about
> which permissions I have given to whom and for which pages/groups etc..

You may be interested in the AuthUser section on Organizing Accounts
into Groups.[2]

Ben
[1]: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/HtpasswdForm
[2]: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/AuthUser