[pmwiki-users] Page data storage, was: Selecting a Wiki engine...

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Wed Oct 4 02:41:26 CDT 2006

pmwiki at 911networks.com wrote:

[DokuWiki]

> * Stores the text files as straight ASCII. The files are
> literally, notes01.txt or abc.txt that can be edited by any
> ASCII editor [unix/M$].

I'm still undecided about this.

Manipulation of _current_ page data seems to be much simpler with
DokuWiki. But accessing the compressed "attic" versions is harder.

Page metadata in a separate file makes mangling harder in certain
situations.

If you keep many revisions with only small changes, I guess that the
DokuWiki system needs much more space.

I don't know how much CPU time PmWiki needs to process the diffs in
this case (many small changes) to get edit/display data.

Rather difficult to rate the two approaches.

Oliver
--
Oliver Betz, Muenchen