[pmwiki-users] Fwd: Mailling list Reply-To:

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Oct 4 05:13:40 CDT 2006

Oops, meant to send this to the list...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The Editor <editor at fast.st>
Date: Oct 4, 2006 6:12 AM
Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] Mailling list Reply-To:
To: Joachim Durchholz <jo at durchholz.org>

On 10/4/06, Joachim Durchholz <jo at durchholz.org> wrote:
> Oliver Betz schrieb:
> > The problem is that others don't see the answers to your posts if
> > they are sent only to you.
> >
> > And not everybody hits "reply to all" - I usually send replies _only_
> > to the list (if I don't forget it).
>
> Me too.
> The real problem, I think, is that common mail readers aren't able to
> highlight threads that contain posts by me.
> In that regard, current-day software is a remarkable step back in power;
> over a decade ago, the Fidonet mail program could do exactly that.
>
> Regards,
> Jo

I too find myself on occasion, accidently hitting reply, not reply to
all.  Then once I realize what I've done, I resend to the mail
list--meaning someone gets doubles.  (Usually Pm!).  But IMHO, this
inconvenience does not outweigh the risk of inadvertantly sending
something private to the list. I appreciate Pm's effort to use best
practices and be as careful as possible with things.

Cheers,
Caveman