[pmwiki-users] Mailling list Reply-To:

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Wed Oct 4 05:58:23 CDT 2006

Kathryn Andersen schrieb:
> I am completely against Reply-To munging.  It means that if I really
> want to send a private, personal reply to someone, I can't.

You can still reply to the sender address.

> And valuable information isn't "lost", it just gets sent to the wrong
> person.

That's not very different from "lost".

> Get a decent mail program that has a reply-to-list option (I use mutt,
> myself).

That's a rather ill-defined operation. If the reply-to list contains a
dozen addresses, how is the mail program supposed to know which of them
is the list?

To rephrase your advice: "Get a decent mail program that has a
reply-to-sender option."

Regards,
Jo