[pmwiki-users] RFC -- POP3 to PmWiki

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Wed Oct 4 20:24:44 CDT 2006

On Oct 4, 2006, at 5:35 PM, Ben Wilson wrote:

> Filter the author from the 'From' email address. No need for
> username/password in the clear. If the site knows the email address
> and that author has permission, then post. Again, this is efficient.
> Posting back is a way of ensuring the email address has not been
> co-opted---which would be an even greater problem if you passed
> username/password in an email.

Where is the wiki getting the email address?  How is it stored?

I have about oh -- a bizillion email addresses -- that's why people
get private emails from me at Eclectic Tech, my business address --
then the LIST gets one from crisses at kinhost.org, because I have to re-
send to the list when I flake what address I'm sending from...

So telling the wiki one email address for me isn't going to float and
I don't really feel like giving a wiki every email I might use to
send an email to be posted.

It is possible to store, authenticate against, and grab a username
from a stored email->username list somewhere, but it's also making
the recipe more complex to set up, and putting information on the
wiki that I'm not sure we want to.

Crisses