[pmwiki-users] pagelist sorting question

Jan Erik Moström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Thu Oct 5 10:40:25 CDT 2006

I wanted to create a number of pages that contains information
about people. My idea was to name the pages like this:

A page about Donald Duck would get the name "DuckDonald" and
then on the page I would you the title tag to generate the title
"Donald Duck", this way I could easily get a list sorted after
the surname using the pagelist command. But, there is always a
but, the people I was thinking of have names like "Åsa
Österberg" which becomes a problem if try to save a page named
"ÖsterbergÅsa" (I'm running this locally on a Mac, and if I
remember thing correctly this a Mac problem).

My current "fallback idea" is to let the page name be
'OsterbergAsa' and set the page title be "(:title Österberg,
Åsa:)" and let pagelist sort by page title ... this would mean
that I lose the first-name-last-name title on the pages (not
very important).

Before going with this idea I would like to ask if there is an
alternative solution so I can keep the first-name-last-name titles?

                             jem