[pmwiki-users] Blogger Support.

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Fri Oct 6 03:03:33 CDT 2006

I am about to move a website I host (http://www.anticipationsf.ca) over
to PmWiki. Most of the move will be easy, but there is one aspect that I
am wondering about. Currently the site mirrors a blog from
http://anticipationsf.blogspot.com/. When a new article is posted to
blogspot, it connects to the anticipationsf.ca server via sftp and
deposits a copy. Currently (I believe) someone has to go in by hand and
make that file visible on the site.

I'd like to automate as much as possible of this, of course. My main
problem is that the person who's been doing this is very busy and is
hard to get hold of. Besides, they're a content developer and its not
clear they actually know whats going on other than they have a set
script they follow.

I, on the other hand, know nothing about blogger or its interfaces. I
just set up the facilities as they were requested, and things have been
running without my intervention ever since. Now that I'm going to be
converting the site to PmWiki, it becomes important.

Clearly, the pages being deposited are already in HTML, so we aren't
going to be putting them into editable PmWiki pages, but I would still
like to be able to create links to them, show them in a skin, and
possible generate lists of them with some sort of hand-made (:bloglist:)
markup.

Does anyone have any pointers on how I should get started, or where I
might go for further info?