[pmwiki-users] Problem in searches in 2.1.5

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Oct 6 19:59:02 CDT 2006

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 07:55:07PM -0500, Chris Cox wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 03:35:51PM -0500, Chris Cox wrote:
> >>I create pages with some automation.  It does set the date to the current date
> >>when creating the page, however, when I try to search.. somethings work
> >>and other things don't.
> >>
> >>For example I have several pages that have network interface information
> >>on them.
> >>
> >>e.g.
> >>
> >>100 Mbit full duplex
> >>
> >>When I search for Mbit, I get back ONE page... even though there are
> >>several pages with the info.
> >>
> >>Is there anything else I can do to help troubleshoot this??
> >
> > Are these newly created pages, or are you replacing existing
> > pages with the newly created ones?
>
> I'm overwriting existing pages in batch... but you know.. when
> I cleaned up some of my save files (things in a directory under
> wiki.d... where I had thought they wouldn't be searched.. the
> ghost page problem)... things seem to be working ok now.

Well, even though the ghost files cause them to appear in the
pagelisting, they still aren't read and are treated as though
they don't exist.  So I still suspect that .pageindex got out
of sync.

I really do recommend removing .pageindex after overwriting the
files -- it's much safer and shouldn't affect the search
much.

Perhaps we should come up with an attribute or markup that
indicates "don't put this page in the pageindex".