[pmwiki-users] pmwiki - displays only white page apache2/php5

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Oct 7 16:16:40 CDT 2006

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 09:05:41PM +0200, Patrick Ogay wrote:
> I searched the internet and there are some probles with blank pages, but
> I couldn' resolve my problem yet.
> I like to try with php4, but it's not so evident to activate php4
>
> I tryed to downgrade pmwiki like
> svn switch svn://pmwiki.org/pmwiki/tags/pmwiki-2.1.beta1
>
> it shows always
> Updated to revision 1727. (that's strange)

That's normal for subversion -- the revision numbers refer to
the revision number of the repository, not the revision number
in effect when a "release" is made.

(Phrased differently, "tags" in subversion are attached to
subdirectories of the repository, not to given revision numbers.)

I'm not sure what the blank page problem could be -- but I
seem to recall this problem coming up in the recent past and
having something to do with the PHP configuration.

Perhaps you could start adding print statements to the beginning
sections of pmwiki.php to see where the problem is occurring?

Alternatively, I could see about installing the same OS/PHP
installation you have now and try to track it down, but that would
take a while longer (I'd have to download the distro :-).