[pmwiki-users] Multiple wikis without farm

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Mon Oct 9 08:58:06 CDT 2006

On Oct 9, 2006, at 7:31 AM, Marco Ferretti wrote:

> Hi all people !
>
> I know this is a little OT but :
> provided I have an apache installation on a linux box, is it possible
> to create two or more pmwiki diretory ( installations ) using virtual
> hosts ?
>

> The problem I am facing here is that I wouldn't like to set up a wiki
> farm, yet I would like to have multiple  wikis beeing served by the
> same machine .
>
> TIA

You can either:
1) install pmwiki multiple times

/var/www/
	myspace.org/
		index.php (points to pmwiki.php)
		pmwiki.php
		wiki.d/
		local/
		wikilib.d/
		scripts/
	yourspace.org/
		index.php (points to pmwiki.php)
		pmwiki.php
		wiki.d/
		local/
		wikilib.d/
		scripts/

or use a farm:
/var/www/
	myspace.org/
		index.php (points to ../pmwiki/pmwiki.php)
		wiki.d/
		local/
	yourspace.org/
		index.php (points to ../pmwiki/pmwiki.php)
		wiki.d/
		local/
	pmwiki/
		pmwiki.php
		wikilib.d/
		scripts/

You are probably misunderstanding what a basic farm is.  All it means
is "install once, run multiple wikis, only one place to upgrade.
Yay!".  You have an OPTION to have those wikis share data, etc. but
that's not needed.

I have several wikis running on a farm that do NOT share data between
them.  But I only installed pmwiki once, put any cookbook modules I
might want in and call them from mydomain.org/local/config.php as
needed.

Otherwise, you can install PmWiki in any directory you want and run
it -- preferably a directory that your web server can access :)

Are you having problems with Apache (supposing that you're using
Apache) and setting up the Virtual Hosts?  And do you have a
directory structure of some sort where each site is in a separate
space (as example above) already set-up?  If you need help with that
portion, is it Apache 1.x or 2?

Crisses