[pmwiki-users] Multiple wikis without farm

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Mon Oct 9 12:58:39 CDT 2006

Marco Ferretti wrote:
> Hi all people !
>
> I know this is a little OT but :
> provided I have an apache installation on a linux box, is it possible
> to create two or more pmwiki diretory ( installations ) using virtual
> hosts ?

Yes, this is easily done. Just create the virtual hosts and follow the
instructions for installing PmWiki on each one.

If you are going to install more than two though, you may seriously want
to consider a farm, even if the different virtual hosts have nothing to
do with each other. I currently run a farm on my linux box that serves
four different (and unrelated) domains. As a result I don't have any
farm-level configuration at all, but I only have one copy of PmWiki to
replace when I decide to upgrade.