[pmwiki-users] PmWiki group configuration for dummies

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Tue Oct 10 21:18:36 CDT 2006

On Oct 10, 2006, at 9:25 PM, Donald Z. Osborn wrote:

> Okay, this gets dumber then:
>
> WikiGroups are very easy to set up, but in the documentation I've
> gone through as well as in your letter, a group.php file is
> mentioned (I believe this is the same thing as what you call
> groupname.php).
>
> For example, I can set up the GefelteFish group as easily as any
> other. But now I want a skin for that group only.
> 1) Am I defining this in config.php or in a special folder or file?
> It appears to be one of the latter. But I find no instructions or
> examples how to do that.

GefelteFish.php

Same capitalization as the group name.

> 2) If it should be a file in the local folder, how/what would a
> GefelteFish.php look like (there is no sample-group.php file AFAIK)?
> 3) If group.php in a subfolder "GefelteFish" then the same question
> - what would go in the file in addition to the skins specification?

Something like this:

<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();

//change to French language
XLPage('fr','PmWikiFr.XLPage');

// Set the skin for the group
$Skin = 'french';

There is no sample -- you don't even have to put the if statement in
there.  You use exactly the same directives you would use for any
sample-config.php or config.php file -- but only the directives that
should override the default settings.

> 4) Then would one or the other need a pointer in the config.php file?

Nope.  PmWiki takes care of checking whether a group or page has a
separte/additional config.php-type file.

> I think I'm missing something obvious here. WIth apologies....
> hopefully once I get past this, the language and password issues
> will be easy with the info below...

This should be what you need to know, I hope I was clear.

Crisses