[pmwiki-users] Honeypots for Spam

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Oct 11 00:25:06 CDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 09:55:02PM -0400, Pico wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >
> >We still won't learn anything from spambots that don't manage to
> >trigger one of the honeypots.  Still, it'll be interesting to see
> >what there is to be learned from this little experiment.
>
> Wow, that was fast (meaning both you, in setting up the honeypot, and
> the spammers, in mounting so many attacks on your lone honeypot page).
>
> The contents of Site.Blocklist-Honeypot is very interesting.

Yes.  After looking at the page, I'm wondering if we should provide
some sort of indication on the page that the post had already been
blocked by the blocklist (due to containing an improper term).
Or, perhaps we should only show those posts that reach the honeypot
that haven't already been blocked.