[pmwiki-users] DataQuery (ADODB front-end) development page

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Wed Oct 11 04:55:54 CDT 2006

On Oct 10, 2006, at 6:30 PM, Ben Stallings wrote:

> Following Caveman's example, I've created a recipe page for my recipe
> still in development (the one that will give ADODB database access to
> pagelists and ZAPForms and pretty much everything else).  At
> http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/DataQuery you'll find the current
> (pre-alpha) version of the script, along with a description of what it
> aims to do, what it currently does, and where I can use some help.
>
> Did I mention I could use some help?  I know several of you have
> talked
> about adding ADODB functionality to PmWiki... I think this recipe
> could
> meet your objectives as well as mine, so I hope you'll chip in what
> you've learned so far!
>
> Thanks in advance!  --Ben S.

As far as AuthUserDBase/XESAuthUserDBase -- I haven't had a chance to
move towards ADODB yet.  I've come down with a rash of customers this
week, so I'm busy recovering and fulfilling project orders.

Should it let up, I plan to move AuthUserDBase to ADODB, then
integrate the XESAuthUserDBase functions back into the original as
optional.  After that, I work on some way of pulling in groups.  Then
an admin interface.

I have a script that appears to be working that pulls in vBulletin
groups to PmWiki.  I'm waiting for Rodney to doublecheck whether it's
working for him before adding it as a recipe on PmWiki.org

Principles from the vBulletin script, which is not generic enough,
could be used for creating a group-to-wiki management portion, to
behave somewhat similarly to the current AuthUserDBase (in that it
would pull from groups created in some other program)...  or side
recipes such as the vBulletin recipe can be created instead -- such
as compatibility with Xoops groups, or Mambo, Joomla, Moodle,
whatever....

And of course a stand-alone edition for adding group management via
mysql/forms.

Still, paying my bills becons...

Crisses