[pmwiki-users] Honeypots for Spam

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Wed Oct 11 05:53:02 CDT 2006

Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 12:25:06AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 09:55:02PM -0400, Pico wrote:
>>> The contents of Site.Blocklist-Honeypot is very interesting.
>> Yes.  After looking at the page, I'm wondering if we should provide
>> some sort of indication on the page that the post had already been
>> blocked by the blocklist (due to containing an improper term).
>
>> Or, perhaps we should only show those posts that reach the honeypot
>> that haven't already been blocked.
>
> I think it makes more sense to put things in the Honeypot blocklist that
> haven't already been blocked; that would at least give us a better idea
> of how effective it is as an additional measure.

I didn't realize that the Site.Blocklist-Honeypot was including items
that may have already been blocked.  I think it would be very
interesting to be able to see more information (whether the post had
already been blocked, and why).

Apart from the honeypot, can you capture this type of information about
posts that have been blocked on the site (regardless of the page)?  If
so, it might be better to have that information displayed somewhere else
(more info about all blocked posts) and leave the honeypot to display
only information about new unblocked attack.

Pico

--

         __  /
        /   /