[pmwiki-users] ZAP forum

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Oct 12 14:13:04 CDT 2006

Just in case anyone is interested, I have the ZAP forum working at
WWW.ZAPSITE.ORG.  Just go to the code snippet "Forum".

I probably monitor the PmWiki maillist better than ZAP forum posts but
you can check it out.  It's pretty neat, as it makes use of the new
text variables.  Worth looking at.  Of course questions you ask there
are searchable on the site and may be a help to others. So ask both
here and there if you want.

Oh, and I set it up for bare skin and bones functionality.  Not much
by the way of styling. But if you look at how it is structured, you
can there are basically no limitations to what you can do.

At WWW.ZAPSITE.ORG, I have the code that saves as field: value.
Really nice. But reads field="value" formats also.  In fact if you set
the ZAPkey = to "Data-" it seems to work perfectly with data pages
created in FAST Data.  But of course, changing their name to a new
ZAPkey is a snap.  In windows, just open a command line and type
rename Data-*.* ZAP-*.* and it's done--in seconds.

Bugs have been getting zapped all day long but don't want to release
officially to the PmWiki cookbook for probably another week still.
I'd liking to have a working example of basically every ZAP feature at
the demo site.  Still taking requests for code snippets!

This is a good day for ZAP!

Cheers,
Caveman