[pmwiki-users] CleanUrls-Comments question needs answering

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Sun Oct 15 09:55:03 CDT 2006

The following question was recently posted on the
Cookbook/CleanUrls-Comments page.  If you can help, please post your
reply to that page if possible.  Otherwise, just reply to this thread
and hopefully we can get a clean reply pasted to the page.

- - - -
Trying to remove pmwiki.php with .htaccess

I'm trying to remove the pmwiki.php using .htaccess but have so far
failed, hopefully you guys can help me out.
In my config file I have:
Use "Clean URLs".
$EnablePathInfo = 1; $ScriptUrl = "http://www.mydomain.com/necrowiki";
more configuration settings...
Then in my .htaccess file, which is located in the same dir as pmwiki.php:
Use mod_rewrite to enable "Clean URLs" for a PmWiki installation.
RewriteEngine On
Define the rewrite base.
RewriteBase /necrowiki
Send requests without parameters to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^$ pmwiki.php [L]
Send requests for index.php to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ pmwiki.php [L]
Send requests to pmwiki.php, appending the query string part.
RewriteRule ^([^/a-z].*) pmwiki.php?n=$1 [QSA,L]
Anybody know why it isn't working?
- - - -

from Cookbook/CleanUrls-Comments

--