[pmwiki-users] Spam, delete, and actions

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Mon Oct 16 05:52:22 CDT 2006

Simon said...
> I am having several spam issues that are difficult to deal with with the existing blocklist.
>
> These are
> * the 'polite' spammer who replaces a page with "good job" or similar.
> * pages being deleted
> * pages being replaced by spaces
> * pages being replaced or having nonsense strings added, eg "fgdhfgs kfgjit bxcgsfa"
> * creating pages with different case, or changing recent changes pages
>
> It seems to me it would be helpful if
> * the delete method of removing a page could be disabled, and action=delete provided which
> could then be password protected

You can change the delete pattern with:

  $DeleteKeyPattern = "^\\s*somedeletepattern\\s*$";

> * blocking authors on the blocklist page (rather than in config.php)

Have you tried the new blocklist features in v2.2.0 beta?

(If you haven't moved to v2.2.0 beta, you might need
  $EnableRelativePageVars = 1;
 initially. See PmWiki.ReleaseNotes)

> is there a means of recovering pages that are delted (perhaps with password protection)
> from the wiki rather than having to rename in the filesystem?

Not that I'm aware of, but developing a recipe for it shouldn't be too
difficult.

--
Best,
Marc