[pmwiki-users] Relative page links problem

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Mon Oct 16 07:41:23 CDT 2006

marc wrote:
> I have switched a site to v2.2.0 beta 14 and solved most of the relative
> page problems in its sidebar. However, one problem remains.
>
> The site sidebar contains:
>
>   (:if !group site :)
>   (:include {*$Group}.sidebar:) (:if:)
>
> A typical group.Sidebar contains something like:
>
>   %sidehead% [[Marc/]]
>   (:pagelist link=Category.MarcHeadings fmt=#title order=title:)
>
> This is working fine in all cases, except when displaying search
> results, when the %sidehead% displays, but the pagelist doesn't.
>
> Perhaps this isn't related to relative pages, but it's got me stumped.
> Any ideas?

Could it be related to the fact that:

1. In a default setup, searches use the Site.Search page to display
search results and

2. Your sidebar conditional does a negative test for the Site group?

I know that isn't the *answer*, but the asked for ideas (and I've no
patience for getting into another back and forth with you in this context).

Specifically, while items 1 and 2 aren't enough to explain what you are
experiencing, as you describe your SideBars, and point 1 is not
straightforward, because after a search the address bar shows the page
from which the search was launched, even though the searchresults
directive, and wrapper text, comes from Site.Search (which means that it
must be operating more like an include than a redirect.

Pico

--

         __  /
        /   /