[pmwiki-users] Announcement: HtpasswordForm recipe major update

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Oct 16 16:06:11 CDT 2006

On 10/16/06, Dominique Faure <dominique.faure at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The HtpasswordForm[1] recipe has been vastly updated (almost a rewrite
> from scratch), and offers the following improvements:
>
> Htgroup handling:
>
> In order to follow the latest AuthUser[2] features, the recipe is able
> now to handle Apache user group files, and therefore provides a
> combined administration file editing form, with limited but effective
> combined interactions such as "create a new user and put him in a
> group in one operation".
>
> Fixed a potential security flaw:
>
> A flaw allowing admin level bypassing was still present in previous
> versions of the recipe (before 20061016) and has been corrected.
>
> Regards,
> Dom

Dominique,  just looked at your recipe!  Excellent work. I think the
old FAST Membership hack of your recipe can now go to the trashbin.

Thanks for solving my problem of what to do with a recipe I'm no
longer maintaining!  I really like what you have added.

One question though...  What is the reasonable limit to the number of
members you would recommend administering with something like
htpasswdform?  Hundreds?  Thousands?  More?

Cheers,
Caveman