[pmwiki-users] "Ghost Pages" in RecentChanges

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Oct 17 10:32:08 CDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 11:14:05AM -0400, David Spitzley wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 02:47:05PM +0100, Steve Glover wrote:
> > No problem. Thinking through what's happening has helped me sort out
>
> > what was going on. On the other hand, I've now been asked if there's
> > way we can stop "infrastructure" pages like Documents.GroupAttributes
>
> > showing up in the search or recently changed lists (All the other
> groups
> > like Main, Site, and PmWiki are hidden from the ordinary users
> because
> > they're not logged in)....
>
> Sure -- just change the (:searchresults:) directive
> (that normally appears on Site.Search) so that it reads
>
>     (:searchresults list=normal:)
>
> This will cause PmWiki to exclude infrastructure pages from
> search results output.
>
> Well, I >think< the issue is that he wants to be able to modify what
> counts as "infrastructure" pages.

That can be done also; by default, the list=normal argument means to
exclude the following pages:

    *.AllRecentChanges
    *.RecentChanges
    *.GroupHeader
    *.GroupFooter
    *.GroupAttributes
    *.GroupPrintHeader
    *.GroupPrintFooter
    the current page

Since Steve specifically asked to be able to exclude pages
like Document.GroupAttributes, I was thinking that list=normal
would suffice.  But it can certainly be extended to exclude
other pages.  :-)