[pmwiki-users] RFP? Page Ranking / Favorites / Most popular

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Oct 17 16:39:19 CDT 2006

On 10/17/06, Chris Cox <ccox at airmail.net> wrote:
> Martin Fick wrote:
> > --- Crisses <crisses at kinhost.org> wrote:
> >
> >>Anyone here have any good ideas for how to go about
> >>a page-ranking recipe in PmWiki?
> >
> > How about using something like Nils' AddDeletelLine2
> > recipe?  If it doesn't quite fit, maybe a simple
> > change/addition would make it fit?
> >
> > -Martin
>
> Just thinking stupid/simple and non-abusive, having
> authentication and using a user's protect page
> and pulling data from it via pagelists or something
> would work.
>
> Anything else won't be accurate... not at all.
> Just my opinion.

It may not be complex enough, but ZAP has a counter option which can
be set for each page, and users that wan't to give a page a thumbs up
can increment the count, those who don't just leave it the same.

Then you can sort by the count variable to see which pags have the
most votes. And show how many votes a page has recieved.  All easy, no
special coding.

And as for restrict multiple votes, ZAP has a banlist feature that
could easily be used to block people from voting twice.

I can pull together a form snippet if this might be something workable.

Cheers,
Caveman