[pmwiki-users] Virtual Hierarchies Was: Hiearchical Groups Proposal.

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Oct 18 12:38:46 CDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 12:48:18PM -0400, Stirling Westrup wrote:
> > There have been no comments on it yet pro or con.  I would be
> > interested in feedback on it, perhaps in comparisons with Stirlings
> > excellent idea.
>
> I've already said that I thought it was a good idea. I've been looking
> into how much work it would be to implement as a recipe, so I could try
> it out. I didn't say so before though, as I don't know at this how hard
> it would be. It would also require me to learn the current
> authentication system back to front, which I know is work.

I think I should also warn that as pointed out in
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/RoadMap and the thread
about "Rethinking passwords and authorization", the current
authorization system may be getting a bit of an overhaul, so
I wouldn't rely on the existing implementation too heavily at
this point.