[pmwiki-users] local wiki cannot unblock

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Oct 18 12:51:01 CDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 11:31:32AM -0500, JB wrote:
> Someone tried to put a link to on one of my wiki's and
> it was blocked by the MoinMaster blocklist entry "\.uni\.cc".
>
>   http://mordor.uni.cc
>
> I think it is a legitimate url so I tried to unblock it.
> I put into my Site.Blocklist:
>
>   unblock:mordor.uni.cc
>
> (I had to disable the Blocklist functionality in my
> farmconfig.php while saving this to my Site.Blocklist)
>
> It did not unnblock.  I also tried to use this:
>
>   unblock:\.uni\.cc
>
> It did not unblock.

Since the values coming from MoinMaster are regular expressions,
one has to use the following to unblock it:

    unblock: /\.uni\.cc/

> I looked at the scripts/blocklist.php and I think maybe
> the order in which blocklists are applied might not be correct.
> I think the blocklists should be processed in this order:
>
>    downloaded blocklists (MoinMoin, Chongqed, PmWiki)
>    Site.Blocklist-Farm   (farm wide wikis)
>    Site.Blocklist        (local wiki)

The order really doesn't matter -- all of the blocklist
pages ultimately get used, and the unblock: entries are processed
after all of the blocklist pages have been loaded.