[pmwiki-users] Comment Question

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Wed Oct 18 19:33:01 CDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 07:06:03PM -0400, JimB wrote:
> I gave the wrong information about the link.  If there is a PMwiki link.
>
> %comment%[[Main/MainPage]]
>
> then it shows up in the target= attribute.  The external links do not
> show up when commented.

So far as I can see, this is not a bug; from my understanding of the
%comment% markup, it is a wiki-style which sets the following data to
have a CSS property of "display: hidden", which simply means that a
browser won't display it.  It has nothing to do with whether or not it
is considered to be a page-target, since it is purely a CSS style.

On the other hand, trying the (:comment :) directive, it still adds the
link to the target= attribute, so perhaps the point is moot.

Kathryn Andersen