[pmwiki-users] pagelist formatting question

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Thu Oct 19 07:54:34 CDT 2006

Paul Lewis wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Is it possible to configure pagelist to output wiki page titles with
> spaces between the words in the title?
>
> For example, default output is
>
>     PenlandIsNamedChairmanOfCountyEducationGroup
>     <http://library.usca.edu/digitallibrary/index.php?n=Newspapers.PenlandIsNamedChairmanOfCountyEducationGroup>
>

>     BranchCollegeCoursesAttractManySCStudents
>     <http://library.usca.edu/digitallibrary/index.php?n=Newspapers.BranchCollegeCoursesAttractManySCStudents>
>

>     LouisPerkinsJoinsStaffAsUSCAAthleticDirector
>     <http://library.usca.edu/digitallibrary/index.php?n=Newspapers.LouisPerkinsJoinsStaffAsUSCAAthleticDirector>
>

> The preferred output would be
>
>     Penland Is Named Chairman Of County Education Group
>     <http://library.usca.edu/digitallibrary/index.php?n=Newspapers.PenlandIsNamedChairmanOfCountyEducationGroup>
>

>     Branch College Courses Attract Many SC Students
>     <http://library.usca.edu/digitallibrary/index.php?n=Newspapers.BranchCollegeCoursesAttractManySCStudents>
>

>     Louis Perkins Joins Staff As USCA Athletic Director
>     <http://library.usca.edu/digitallibrary/index.php?n=Newspapers.LouisPerkinsJoinsStaffAsUSCAAthleticDirector>
>

> Thanks,
>
> Paul

Short answer: $SpaceWikiWords = 1

Longer answer (From PmWiki/Questions):

Q: (October 13, 2006) Ugh.. I really searched a lot, but all I found was
a script for "_" in the cookbook that didn't really work... I'd so much
like to use the pagelist function, but it's so ugly to see all the Names
listed in one big Word. Instead I want to have spaces between the words
like when I first created the page. So that the spaces don't disappear,
you know what I mean. So "This is a Title" gets "ThisisaTitle" now in my
index, but I want it with spaces. I also created the links with spaces
and they work perfectly well.
Marvin

A: What I do is: (1) Add $SpaceWikiWords = 1; to my config.php file and
(2) use the fmt=#title in my pagelists, which formats links as
[[$FullName|+]], where the alias "|+" grabs the page title, if any,
otherwise the page name. Together, these end up giving me what I want.

The other thing you could do is to start giving your pagenames a title
(:title This is the Name of This Page:) and, as above, using fmt=#title.

Q: Great! It works fine, I am happy (did the Spacewikiwords solution).
Thanks a lot for your competent and quick help!

Pico
--

         __  /
        /   /