[pmwiki-users] stable article versions

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Thu Oct 19 08:24:28 CDT 2006

Florian Fischer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> having implemented "drafts" i´ve ran into some smaller problems.
> - drafts don´t work with sectionedit.
> - when a draft is "published" by a publisher, the Author is changed
>   to the Publisher
> - After publishing a draft, one gets back to the non-existing draft,
>   it would be better to redirect to the published version.
>
> How could i solve these problems?

I really don't know the answers to these, off the top of my head. I'll
look into it and get back to you. My current guesses are:

1) Secionedit may need to be updated to support Drafts.

2) Author is set to the last person who modified a page. It should not
be hard to override this in the case that the 'modification' is just
publishing a draft version. A few lines in config.php might be enough.

3) I'll have to take a look at the Draft code, but it is probably not
too difficult to change the target of the redirect on publication. Its
probably just a case of changing a variable in config.php.

As I said, the above it just a first guess. I'll look into it deeper for
you.