[pmwiki-users] Irritating Pagelist Problem

The Editor editor at fast.st
Fri Oct 20 17:54:35 CDT 2006

On 10/20/06, Tegan Dowling <tmdowling at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/20/06, The Editor <editor at fast.st> wrote:
> > Second post...
> >
> > I'm having a rather irritating pagelist problem--mostly because it is
> > minor enough to ignore, but a nuisance enough to annoy.
> >
> > I have a pagelist in my sidebar for all the ZAP code snippets.  For
> > some reason, it is missing a couple pages in the group.  No idea why.
> > Any thoughts on possible reasons?
> >
> > Here's the pagelist markup:
> >
> > (:pagelist group=Snippets -RecentChanges name=-*template fmt=#sidebar:)
> > * [[Snippets/Comments]]
> > * [[Snippets/FileMgmt]]
> > * [[Snippets/Forum]]
> >
> > (The last three I have to add manually because they don't show up in the list).
> >
> > Here's the template:
> >
> > [[#sidebar]]
> > * [[{=$FullName}|{=$Name}]]
> > [[#sidebarend]]
> >
> > I'm logged in as an admin so it's not a permissions problem. I'm
> > stumped.  If you go to
> >
> > http://www.fast.st/zap/pmwiki.php?n=Snippets.JumpList
> >
> > you can see the pagelist in the sidebar and another one in the page
> > jumplist, both on the same group.  The second pagelist works but not
> > the first.
>
> Dunno how many results you'd expect to get -- I got a parse error when
> I followed the link -- but maybe you need something like this in
> config.php?
>
>         //Prevent limited Pagelist iterations
>         $MaxIncludes = 200;

I was just uploading a revised version of zap.  The link should work
now.  But I don't think this is the solution as it seems to be certain
specific files.  And it's been skipping them from the beginning.
Others added later show up.

BTW, feedback on the new zap snippets would be appreciated.  It's
almost finished.  I've made some major changes the last couple days
that will be much appreciated.  Such as installing the data on the
same page and trimming out some 200 lines of code.  Smarter and
slimmer.  Including some clever, and easier ways of doing things.

Have not yet uploaded the new code to look at yet, or redone the
documentation, but will within a few more days. The revised snippets
are up.

Cheers,
Caveman

Still looking for solutions to the page list problem in the
meantime...  I did notice, the pagelist glitch is the same on both the
server and my local computer.