[pmwiki-users] Skin not found in farm

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Sun Oct 22 21:29:13 CDT 2006

Pico wrote:
> I installed a PmWiki farm on a new server and have separated the pub
> from the rest of the PmWiki files, where pub is web accessible but the
> rest of the files are in a directory that is not web accessible.
>
> Everything works fine until I try to change the skin, and then I get the
> following message:
>
> PmWiki can't process your request
> ?unable to find skin from list triad
> We are sorry for any inconvenience.
>
> I'll provide all the details if required, but first off, is there a
> common cause for this error?

Ok, here is a diagnostic twist: I can only get skins to display if I
have *two* pub (and skin) directories that each contain the skin in
question.  Huh?

Here is my setup:

root/
  domain1.com/
    field1
  domain2.com
  domain3.com/
    pub/
       skins/
  farm/
    pub/
       skins/

The first three directories correspond to separate web accessible
domains and the farm directory is not web accessible.  The
farmconfig.php file in my local directory in the farm defines the
FarmPubDirUrl:

   $FarmPubDirUrl = 'http://www.domain3.com/pmwiki/pub';

I am testing the wiki from a field in domain1.com.
The skins only work if both pub directories remain available (web
accessible domain3/pub and non-web accessible farm/pub) and each must
have a skins directory with the relevant skin.

Pico

--

         __  /
        /   /