[pmwiki-users] Error message

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Thu Oct 26 03:01:45 CDT 2006

The Editor wrote:
> Any clue what this message is all about:
>
> I am trying to save some page edits and this keeps coming up, then it
> bounces back to the edit page.
>
> Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed:
> missing terminating ] for character class at offset 448 in
> /home/fastst/public_html/zap/pmwiki.php on line 663

Inside a regular expression '[' has a special meaning (it starts a
character class). The error is stating that it saw one of those, but
never saw the closing ']'. That means that you either

1) forgot the closing ']' or accidentally quoted it (\]).
2) you forgot to quote the opening (\[) so that it wouldn't be treated
as having a special meaning.