[pmwiki-users] Is it time for a pmwiki-devel list?

Donald Z. Osborn dzosborn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 15:23:49 CDT 2006

Seems most like separate lists. I'm not so sure that's ideal.

In general, I can't keep up with much of the devel discussion but appreciate
seeing what's going on. In no way is it intimidating. The traffic is a lot,
but it is the only list I have on this e-address so it doesn't bother me (I
don't have time to read most of it, but I do scan all the subjects).

A more important point, perhaps, is that a single list keeps the tone of
discussion both high and rooted. Not sure what happens when some of the more
technically motivated members start spending more time on the "devel" list
and everyone else with daytoday user issues are on the old list. The mix
changes, and not just the mix of the messages. Does the quality go down on
the "users" list?

And then what about crossposting - something of a disincentive for people to
be on both lists. Does it end up in a kind of segregation?

Don