[pmwiki-users] Is it time for a pmwiki-devel list?

pmwiki at 911networks.com pmwiki at 911networks.com
Fri Oct 27 16:15:36 CDT 2006

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:23:46 -0500
"Tegan Dowling" <tmdowling at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/27/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> > So, I'm wondering if we've finally reached the point where it's
> > time to established a separate "pmwiki-devel" mailing list for
> > some of these advanced discussions, so that pmwiki-users can
> > become a little less intimidating for newcomers.

As far as I am concerned: Yes and No. Now I will have to subscribe to
2 mailing lists. But in final analysis, what do you fell more
comfortable with?

> This is why I've suggested having a bulletin board, instead of a
> mailing list.  A phpbb installation would not be a big deal to set
> up or monitor, I wouldn't think.  It would allow threads to
> self-organize, it would make it easy for people to participate at
> their level of expertise while still having an easy way to
> "evesdrop" or even kibbutz on discussions at other levels.
>
> Anyone care to explain why this would not be a good thing?

I don't like it. I like have a [one or two] mailing list. I archive
it, then I can search for it. Yes, I know, that phpbb can do searches,
but I also like to group things together by topic of interest, by
colour... I like to customize it for myself.

--
Thanks
http://www.sqlhacks.com