[pmwiki-users] Group home pages indexed twice in search engines

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Oct 27 18:51:16 CDT 2006

On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 12:50:08AM +0200, Roman wrote:
> On 10/28/06, Roman <romat2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can check it with pmwiki.org.
>
> When you search for "pmwiki.org Cookbook", you get
>
> www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Cookbook
>
> and when you search for "pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook" you get
>
> www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook

Hmm.  I think I consider this to be a bug in Yahoo! -- I don't
think that Yahoo! should be indexing urls where the server is
returning a Redirect response.  It certainly shouldn't be treating
the redirect url as being identical to whatever is being
redirected to.

At any rate, if you want to adjust the skin to avoid creating
the group links, you can try using something like

    href={$ScriptUrl}/{$Group}/HomePage