[pmwiki-users] Use non-[A-Za-z] characters in page names?

Sam Wilson sam at co-operista.com
Fri Oct 27 21:34:17 CDT 2006

Thankyou very much to everyone with ideas and solutions about this.  It
seems that page names are as plain as they are for very good reasons!
I've been playing around with allowing strange characters in
pagenames/filenames, and actually got it working -- but pagelists (and
who knows what else) broke.  Then I got pagelists working with commas
and parentheses, but I couldn't even view the pages (now, don't as ask
me how I managed to do that, I haven't been able to replicate it!  :-)

So I've done what you (pl.) suggested, and used (:title:), and all my
wishes are granted -- and I've realised that PmWiki /is/ quite as groove
as I first thought!  :-)  It does everything I want (despite having
functions named things like SDV(); my comp sci lecturers would _not_ be
amused!).

Thanks again.  --- Sam.