[pmwiki-users] pagelist question

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Oct 29 09:11:42 CST 2006

On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 01:34:41PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> In the Cookbook recipeinfo section
> Download: Attach:filename.ext
> will display filename.ext as a link for downloading.
> How can I achieve the same in a pagelist custom format?
>
> {=$:Download} will display as Attach:filename.ext, but not as a link.
> [[{=$:Download}]] produces links for editing new pages of form
> AttachFilename.Ext, AttachFileName as group name and Ext as Page
> name!!

Both {=$:Download} and [[{=$:Download}]] should be producing the
attachment links, so there must be something else going on here.
Could you point to a page that shows the problem?

> And since the pagelist works from a page in a different group
> I would in any case need to add the Cookbook group to the Attach, like
> Attach:Cookbook/filename.ext, but that will display as
> Cookbook/filename.ext in the recipeinfo section.

Oh.  If the pagelist is coming from a page in a different group
(I'm guessing this is on pmwiki.org), does that other group have
uploads enabled?  If not, then that's why the Attach: markup
isn't working in the pagelist.

At the moment there's not an easy way to have the Attach:
automatically convert itself to Attach:Cookbook./filename.ext,
or to hide the "Cookbook" part if it does.  But maybe we can come
up with something here.  I'm still hoping to make Attach:
page-relative in the same way that links and page variables are
becoming page-relative, but I haven't come up with the right
pattern/replacement to make that happen (because, as you
point out, changing the attach page also changes the markup).