[pmwiki-users] Misc ZAP questions...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sun Oct 29 11:34:01 CST 2006

On 10/29/06, Crisses <crisses at kinhost.org> wrote:

> On Oct 29, 2006, at 9:57 AM, The Editor wrote:
>
> I'm answering only what I can....
>
> > Still working on ZAP to improve code and functionality and have a few
> > misc questions.  Kind of unrelated but can't seem to find answers...
> > I've studied the pmwiki docs, php.net, and tinkered repeatedly but
> > answers elude me.
> >
> > 1) Is there any way to insert php into a page.  In drupal, admins (or
> > whoever you defined to) could put <? misc code ?> and it would execute
> > that code.  I'm thinking this might be the key to a shopping cart
> > recipe I'll be tackling soon.
>
> Well -- aside from being VERY dangerous, why not use custom markup?
> (:php:)code here
> (:phpend:)
> Then you can ONLY enable this feature for specific pages.
>
> To use the code, you'd have to eval($variable); the code.
>
> I caution you VERY STRONGLY from requiring something like this for
> shopping carts.  Nothing I've been thinking requires custom code IN
> the wiki.

Well, I just needed a little script to calculate the price from the
saved cart data.  Guess it would be just as easy to do a little
javscript snippet and embed that. Actually that's what I'm doing now.
I'd just have to trim it down and rewrite it a bit.  Probably easier
than php.  And safer.

> > 3) How difficult is it to attach a file to an email?  I'm thinking in
> > terms of the underlying php code that does it.  Currently I'm just
> > using the mail() command.
>
> You still use mail().
>
> See my other response to this thread.  Technically an attachment is
> part of the body of an email.  It's encoded as a mess of icky looking
> text, but has to be started and ended with explicit text delimiters --
>
> Just view the source of some of your own emails! :)  It will give you
> an idea of what the email needs to look like.

I think I'll try Marc's phpmailer.  If I can get it to work.  There
was one at the location you suggested, however.  May fall back on that
if I need to.

> > 5) Are there php commands for calculating differences in timestamps?
> > Like subtract one from another and use something like strftime to give
> > number of days/hours, etc?  This would be really useful, and I could
> > probably code it manually, but I figured there ought to be something
> > out there already???
>
> http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.datetime.php
> difference in timestamps is as easy as subtraction.  The answer
> should be in seconds.
>
> http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.time.php -- this is a measure
> of seconds.  To calculate time, calculate the difference between
> timestamps.  The answer is in seconds.
>
> define(ADAY, 60*60*24);
> then you have how many seconds are in a day.
>
> Is something greater than 30 days:
>
> $difference = time() - $timestamp;
>
> if ($difference > (30 * ADAY)) {
>        do something;
> }
>
> You could make a function that calculates whether something is over X
> days old  just change 30 to a variable passed to the function.  this
> allows users to set a time, rather than hard-coding it.

Thanks for the tips.  I thought there might be preexisting php
functions.  But I can work with this.  Just have to figure out exactly
how I want to implement it.

> > 7) The following lines of code are absolutely failing and I cannot for
> > the life of me figure out why.  This is part of the magic boxes which
> > takes encoded values and restores them to the proper values for use in
> > a textarea field:
> >
> >       $htmlout = array("'", '"', '  ', ":)");
> >       $htmlin = array('&apos;', '&quot;', '&nbsp;&nbsp;', '&#x3a;)');
>
> Why is there an extra ) in the '&#x3a;)' ? is that supposed to be there?

Yes, it converts the disabled smiley to a re-enabled smiley (protects
data from directives).

That is a very curious problem...  It should NOT be doing that.

Cheers,
Caveman