[pmwiki-users] ZAP question

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Sun Oct 29 13:01:13 CST 2006

Crisses said...

> On Oct 29, 2006, at 12:27 PM, The Editor wrote:
>
> > So what do you do?  Add the script to your cookbook, and include it in
> > your config file?
> >
> > Then of course, change the zap code to accommodate the above?  I'm
> > downloading it right now.
>
> I would use the snippets to create new functions in your recipes.  I
> wouldn't require the user to download something extra.
>
> It's a little hypocritical, in the case of reworking the database
> recipes to use ADODB, but ADODB is so flexible and generic to make it
> worthwhile, and re-writing it would be a huge undertaking.

Crisses, I mentioned a while back that I had moved a few sites to ADOdb
Lite. It has less functions than the full monster, but is faster and a
lot smaller - apparently, ADOdb is 700kb each page load these days. A
lot of ADOdb functions can be added by activating various modules - if
you don't need them, keep them inactive.

It's a painless conversion, unless you have used some of the more
esoteric functions. I had used GetUpdateSQL in a few places, so had to
change these to SQL updates, but other than that, it was a straight
swap.

--
Best,
Marc