[pmwiki-users] number of articles in pagelists

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Oct 30 15:28:11 CST 2006

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 12:29:07PM +0100, Florian Fischer wrote:

> Basically in my sidebar there is link to a page showing a pagelist of pages with a certain extension.
> Is it possible to count these artiles with this special extension and show it by a variable in the sidebar?

It's possible, but I don't know if it's possible to get it to
appear next to existing text.

The pagelist template would be:

    [[#pagelistcount]]
    (:if equal {>$FullName}:){$$PageCount}(:if:)
    [[#pagelistcountend]]

See, for example, http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/PLC .

It could be done much more quickly (and possibly displayed
better) with a custom pagelist format function -- let me
know if you want me to prototype this.