[pmwiki-users] Preformatted Text and Paragraph Indent

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Oct 31 19:57:09 CST 2006

I second the motion! we don't need this at all

If I'm going to paste a whole section of code that
should take the preformatted text style, then
just give us mark up specific to this need that
can apply from

%pre%
# many many lines, some with spaces
# at the beginning we want to be preserved
%/pre%

Or something like that...

Why a single space would default to taking the place
of a specific mark up rule is beyond me. And a "pain"
for many newbie wiki users who are very commonly
pasting email text into pages and then the

"darn thing just has these long lines now... argh!
what did I do wrong?...and the characters of these
lines are taking a different font than others, how cum?
All I did was paste in some plain text...this wiki thing
is not for us... must be for nerds only... forget it..."

The level of patience with this kind of thing is really
low... a space is a space is a space...just horizontal white
space - zero visual content delimiter -
... it should only and always, do only that one thing.

Sivakatirswami