[pmwiki-users] Wierd attachlist behaviour with groups with "X" in name

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Fri Sep 1 00:17:38 CDT 2006

I've been working on my private story archive, and I've been making
various groups and uploading files, and I found something wierd going on
when I tried to use (:attachlist :) to list all the story files I'd
uploaded.  I discovered it when I made a pagelist template to list
all the attachments of all the matching groups, and certain groups'
attachments wouldn't be listed at all.

The symptoms are this:

If the group has an "X" in the name (such as Stories-XOver or
Stories-XFiles) then if you go

(:attachlist:)

in that group it will list the attachments okay, but if you go

(:attachlist {$Group}.:)

then no attachments are listed at all.
Groups without X in the name are listed fine.

I poked around in uploads.php and as far as I can see, there's something
in the pagename stuff that makes it think, by the time that it's trying
to look in the directory, that the directory name isn't

uploads/Stories-XOver

but

uploads/Stories-13L

(or something wierd like that).  Which of course doesn't exist, so it
can't find anything.

I ended up renaming all the troublesome groups; note that if I renamed
Stories-XFiles to Stories-X-Files the problem didn't occur.

This makes me wonder if there's something odd to do with formatting
hexadecimal numbers, but I don't know why it would want interpret
group names that way.

I was originally using version 2.1.11 for this, but when I upgraded to
2.1.19 the behaviour still occurred.

Kathryn Andersen